Disruptions to power supplies may be rare, and are often linked to severe weather events.
These simple steps will help you to stay safe and as comfortable as possible throughout any disruption.
- Check if your neighbours have also lost services; knowing if others are affected will make a difference to what you should
- If you have a pre-pay meter, check you still have
- Contact your distributor to report the fault and ask for
- If you lose power for a prolonged period, take precautions to stay safe:
- Avoid the use of Keep a torch and batteries handy.
- Make sure your home is well A well insulated house can stay warm for 12 hours or longer.
- Register with your utility providers if you consider yourself to be vulnerable (page 21)
Are you Ready?
The ‘Are you ready’ booklet brings together advice from various organisation to help you and your family take simple steps to reduce risk, prepare for and respond to emergencies such as fire, flood and loss of power.