Covid19 Response and Information
Organisations from across the LRF are continuing to work together on the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), as well as focusing on plans to help the residents, businesses and communities across Gloucestershire to recover from the wider effects of the pandemic.
Gloucestershire Prepared – Building Resilience Together
Gloucestershire LRF is a multi-agency partnerships made up of representatives from the emergency services, local authorities, the NHS, the Environment Agency and others.
We co-ordinate effective and efficient integrated emergency management arrangements within the County of Gloucestershire.
You are responsible for preparing and protecting your property so it’s vital you take steps to insure and protect your home and possessions. The ‘Be Prepared’ page gives good advice about what you should do before, during and after an emergency to help you cope with it better.
If you are not involved in the incident, but are close by or believe you may be in danger, in most cases the advice is:
• go inside a safe building;
• stay inside until you are advised to do otherwise; and
• tune in to local radio or TV for more information.
If you find yourself in the middle of an emergency, it is important to:
• make sure 999 has been called if people are injured or if there is a threat to life;
• not put yourself or others in danger;
• follow the advice of the emergency services;
• try to remain calm and think before acting, and try to reassure others; and
• check for injuries – remember to help yourself before attempting to help others.